Temple Baptist was founded in 1957 as an Independent Baptist congregation with around 30 people. The first meeting location was at the Crichlow Grammar School and the first pastor was Richard Tenpenny, who had just graduated from Tennessee Temple College which later became known as Tennessee Temple University. In 1958, the first church auditorium was built. The Lord blessed the church with tremendous growth in the 1970’s, and in 1974 a new auditorium was constructed with a gymnasium being added to the property in 1985. The Lord has given Temple a wonderful history with many souls saved, and many lives being changed. We believe that, by God’s grace, the best is yet to come!